Friday, February 12, 2010

A Great Valentine's Day Idea

Yes, the big V-day just around the corner. Need a little creative, cheap and thoughtful Valentine Day gift, here it is. We found this article at lovingyou.com that gives you one great idea.


Romantic Love Tokens










By Jennifer Good

Can an eraser and a rubber band be considered a romantic gift? If they're given with the right message, you bet. In fact, giving your partner something from the heart can be as simple as giving a few items you probably have in your desk drawer right now. Just attach a note to each item signifying it's importance, and even a toothpick becomes a romantic token of your affection.

The best part about using everyday items is they are easy to find, typically small enough to fit inside a crafted box, and can easily be mailed to a long distance love. Group a few together and you've got an instant Love Survival Kit as well. For more ideas see our list below.


Romantic

Toothpick: Because I "picked out" the best fish in the sea.

Flower: In the garden of life, friendships are the flowers.

Lifesavers: Because sometimes we all need a little extra help.

Cotton Pad/Ball: To cushion rough roads we may be traveling.

Rubber Band: To remind us to be flexible.

Safety Pin: To bind us together.

Sweet & Sour Candy: To appreciate the yin & yang of our personalities.

Candle: Because you light up my life.

Hugs & Kisses Candy: Everyone could use a little hug and kiss.

Happy Face Sticker: Catch my smile, it's contagious!

Band-Aid: To help sooth hurt feelings.

Eraser: So we start every day with a clean slate.

Tissue: To dry any tears you may have.

Jewel: You are more valuable than a precious stone.

String: I'll be there for you when you're at the end of your rope.

Bubble Gum: Together we can stick through anything.

Lemon Drop: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Mirror: So you can see my most favorite thing in the world.

Popcorn: Because thoughts of you keep popping into my head.

Jolly Rancher: For all the times you make me laugh.

Sweet Escapes: For all the romantic times we spend together.

Nestle Treasures: I treasure you more than anything in the world.

Puzzle Piece: You complete me.

Sugar Packet: Because you are so sweet to me.

Permanent Marker: Because you've left a lasting impression.

Clay: We can mold our relationship to our own perfect ideals.

Match: Because we're the perfect match.

Silk Rose: I'll love you till this rose dies.

Pom Pom: Because you give me the warm fuzzies inside.

Balloon: Because together we can reach for the sky.

Measuring Tape: Because no one can measure the love I have for you.



Naughty

Lollipop: I want to lick you in all your favorite spots.

Battery: So we can keep going, and going and going all night long.

Candle: The flames of my desire are burning hot.

String: At some point, let's get tied up.

Rubber Band: You'll need to be flexible for all the positions we're going to try.

Dollar: For the striptease I'll be giving you later.

Carefree Gum: Tonight, I'm going to take all your cares away.

Starburst: For when you need that burst of energy for our late night frolicking.

Peppermint Patty: For the cool sensations I'll be bringing you tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment