I just have follow in love with http://www.hostessblog.com/ blog. I just found this Cake Stand DIY that I needed to share.
• Corrugated cake boards
• Canned goods (unopened)
• Several sheets of scrapbooking-weight paper
• Tools: x-acto knife, ruler, cutting mat, pencil, rubber bands, non-toxic glue (I prefer Aleene’s Tacky Glue.)
1. Trace closely around the edge of each cake board with the pencil and cut out your circles with your x-acto knife on the cutting mat
2. Apply glue fairly close to the edge of the wrong side of your paper circle and attach to your cake board. Repeat for each.
3. Measure the height of your canned goods and cut strips of paper to height.
6. Cut 1″ strips of paper to create the “thickness” of the “plates.”
7. Place cake board bottom-side up and apply glue along very top of the entire length of your 1″ strip and begin wrapping strip around edge of cake board. If there is a “front” of your cake-board, be sure to place paper seam towards the back. Repeat until the entire circumference of all of your circles is covered. Glue the strips of paper together as you go.
If you have time check out hostessblog diy-tutorial-clever-dessertcake-stand, I think you will love they site as much as we do.